Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Cleaning '2 for 1'




Hello there:)
I just love when I can get two things done for the effort of one. It's kind of like a house cleaning coupon:) So, today I de-scaled the tea kettle with 1 part white vinegar to 1 part water. Once the boil came down, I let the vinegar solution sit for a bit in the kettle to cool and then poured it all over my kitchen sink and faucet. I used to use bleach and a powder solvent to clean the kitchen sink. Then one day, quite by accident, I found out that vinegar and water clean it just as well and are much easier to use. (I got tired of the bleach spots on my t-shirts, does anyone else out there know what I mean?...) Another thing I found out is a clean kitchen sink greatly contributes to my happiness. Thus, my happy face sponge. You see, I am not a naturally organized homemaker. I've read Marla Cilley's, Sink Reflections in the past and her recommendation to keep the kitchen sink clean has stuck with me. If you need any practical tips on how to keep your home 'company ready' then she may be the gal for you.
Well, it's off to finish up dinner.
All the best,
Jeannette

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how many uses vinegar has!
    I'm confused by your follow button!! I don't know about circles etc. I do find Google Friend connect is the easiest one to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth:) I'm pretty confused myself! Ha!ha! I've taken off the Google circle thingy, I can't seem to find the Google Friend Connect. Could you possibly tell me how to add it? Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Have a look at this.
    http://www.stramaxon.com/2013/01/gfc-follower-gadget-back.html

    You go to Design, layout, and click on Add a gadget. Then look for 'More gadgets' on the left side. Click on that and Followers is at the bottom of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too use a lot of vinegar and baking soda for cleaning. I still use bleach from time to time too but where I get stains is something in the washer. It seems to leak through once in awhile in a different cycle. I don't have this problem since I got my new washer/dryer a year and half ago. Thankfully :-) Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete