Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Cookie Recipe to Share With You







Hello there:)
The cookie tin has been empty for a day or so, and my husband and son love to come home to find goodies in it. So, today seemed a good day to bake. I baked oatmeal coconut scotchies. They are moist in the center with the slightest crunch around the edges. If you have a hankerin', please give them a try. The recipe is a basic one that I had, but have tweaked over time. One reason I go back to this recipe is that I get a lot of cookies for the cost and it's easy to make.

Oatmeal Coconut Scotchies
Heat oven to 350 degrees
2 eggs
2 tablespoons Molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup softened butter (I usually forget to leave the butter out to soften, so I zap it in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds, even if some of it is melted it won't matter)
2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut

In a small bowl mix together eggs, molasses and vanilla extract. In large bowl, put in all the rest of the ingredients. Now add the egg/molasses/vanilla mixture to the large bowl. Mix well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 min.
I like to cool them on a rack as I find that helps them stay moist in the center.

The house smells so good right now!
All the best,
Jeannette

P.S. I tried to post this yesterday, but Blogger wouldn't accept my pictures:)







6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new follower button! I'm the first to join you.
    Those cookies sound very nice. I wonder if I can use Black treacle instead of molasses, that isnt something we find here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth:) I looked up black treacle and near as I can tell it is the same thing as molasses, but a bit lighter. I use molasses in the recipe to warm up the flavor of the white sugar. It seems that black treacle should do the trick as well. I hope you get a chance to enjoy the recipe:)

      Delete
  2. Sounds good. I do like cookies and am always looking for a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves these cookies...but I've never added coconut. I'll give it a try.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jeannette! Nice to meet you and welcome to the blogging community! I saw that you are following on my blog and wanted to say thank you very much. It's so encouraging to see other woman following each other. It's so much of a blessing and it encourages me to keep writing posts.

    My hubby loves these cookies and I like that you put coconut in yours. I'm gonna have to do that the next time I bake these up. I can't wait to see what you post next.

    Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeannette! Thanks for visiting and following my blog. These cookies look delicious and I appreciate having the recipe. Thanks. I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete